Technology has changed the landscape of book publishing forever. In “the old days”, it was extremely difficult to acquire a literary agent, get selected by a publisher, and then have your book moved successfully to market. Authors got caught in vicious cycles of not being able to acquire an agent because they had no published works, but being unable to publish a work because they lacked an agent. Authors also suffered from extremely low royalty rates, making just pennies per copy as the agent, publisher, and marketers all took their piece.
In modern print-on-demand publishing, those gatekeepers have been all-but eliminated from the publishing process. Now, anyone with an idea can get published, and anyone with a good idea can make an impact on the world around them. Apsos Publishing helps authors go from idea phase to fully published, helping the author all along the way as much or as little as needed.
Apsos Publication Services
Each author brings with them a unique set of skills. Some authors are fantastic at writing but lack marketing prowess. Others have amazing ideas but aren’t skilled at getting it onto paper. At Apsos, we step in and help when and where we are needed until the project is successfully published. We can provide the following services:
- Ghostwriting – If you have an idea or concept that you want to publish but need help getting the words on paper, we can assist you. Ghostwriting is conducted through a series of interviews, audio dictations, and email correspondences. The publication is then put together by a professional writer. You, the author, are kept informed of the project as it develops and have creative control over its final form.
- Proofreading and Editing – All good writers understand one thing – proofreading and editing is key to a polished manuscript. No matter how seasoned the author, having an extra pair of educated eyes going over your manuscript is critical to developing a professional piece.
- Paperback/Hardcover/eBook Formatting – Taking a book from raw document to print-ready manuscript can be a tricky process. We help you identify which kinds of medium you want to publish on and where you want it published. We then take your manuscript and properly prepare for publication. We focus on Createspace and Kindle for our publications (in order to appear on Amazon), but can also expand that reach as needed.
- Cover Design – A book’s cover truly sends a message to the reader about what they are getting. A great cover doesn’t guarantee a great book, but a bad cover can cause potential readers to pass up the work without giving it a chance. We use our experience in graphic design to develop impressive covers suitable for whichever medium you are publishing on.
- Book Marketing – Many writers hate the idea of marketing, focusing instead on the quality of their content. We understand, and can use our years of brand building experience to help guide you through the marketing process. If selling copies is something you want as part of your publishing experience, we can help.
Check out some of the projects below for examples of our work. These range from full paperback publication to free ebooks.
This published book contains over 30 interviews with some of the most senior karate practitioners in the United States. The book is published via Createspace paperback, Kindle, and hardcover.
The life and times of Larry Isaac, Hanshi, Okinawa Kenpo. An autobiographical work from a Vietnam War and Martial Arts Veteran.
Autobiography of Marilyn Fierro Sensei of Isshin Ryu. Discussing early life, tournaments, travel, and energetics.
This ebook is a collection of multiple blog posts combined with original material and was designed as a augmentation of an established blog.
This free ebook is a short historical study of a particularly impactful karate practitioner. This work represents a light historical and research oriented project.
This free ebook marked a successful effort to create a valuable written product designed to reach a wide audience.
Reach Out to Discuss Your Project
The publishing marketplace has never been more open to writers. Digital distributors like Amazon make it possible to reach a wide audience, while print-on-demand removes the need to purchase bulk copies of your own book and sell them from your house. Apsos can help you navigate this new world and help you stand out in a crowded market.
Fill out the form below if you would to arrange an email exchange or phone conversation regarding your publishing needs: