Business Management Apprenticeship
Ready to see a digital agency operate firsthand and get involved with real clients?
It’s an extremely interesting time to become a business owner and entrepreneur. The tools have never been better and the barrier of entry has never been lighter. A hard working, crafty individual can see their ideas come to life even if they don’t have the resources and network once thought of as mandatory to create a successful business.
Even though the opportunity is ripe for entrepreneurial spirits, that doesn’t mean it’s an easy path. The tools are there, but how do you know which ones to use? How do you know which industry to step into? What’s the competition like? Do your ideas have a chance of becoming profitable? How do you manage clients? How do you manage teams? How and when do you reinvest in your company?
Apsos Media is offering an opportunity for one motivated individual to learn how to answer these questions in real-time.
What Does Apsos Media Do?
Apsos Media is a brand building digital company. We help small-to-medium sized companies improve their brand via the following services:
- Web Development
- Logo and Branding
- Search Engine Optimization
- Graphic Design
- Content Development
- Google Ads and Google Local Services
- Facebook Ads and Social Media Management
- Direct Mail Campaigns
What Is a Digital Firm?
Apsos operates entirely digitally. There is no central office. Nevertheless, we have a team of almost 20 people in place all across the United States (and even a few overseas players). To stay organized and in touch we use some handy tools in the following ways (you are not required to know these tools in order to apply):
- Slack for easy, instant communication
- FreshSales to track sales pipeline and stay in touch with clients
- FreshDesk to manage support tickets
- Asana for project management
- Quickbooks for financial management
- And a handful of others
What Are the Position’s Perks?
This apprenticeship offers something rare – a seat at the table. Being able to experience real meetings with real clients and be a part of the problem solving process can be invaluable. Classroom learning is also a critical foundation building experience, but there’s nothing quite like experiencing the real thing. Here’s a list of other perks:
- Education on modern tools and software of business development
- Personal coaching from business owner Matthew Apsokardu
- Interaction with team members of varying backgrounds and skillsets
- Observation of work flow from client acquisition to service execution
- Paid hours for Apsos-related work
What Are Your Responsibilities?
This position will allow you to develop your skills by being involved in real projects. You can develop some of your entrepreneurial skills while having the safety of a functioning company and coach around you. Some of your responsibilities may include:
- Attending client meetings for initial service pitches or follow-ups
- Monitoring leads in FreshSales and constructing communication tactics
- Assisting company owner and project manager in misc administrative tasks
- Assessing system Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for potential improvements
- Airport pickup and dropoff of business owner or visiting clients
In order to be eligible for this position you must meet the following requirements:
- Background check clear of felonies, sexual misconduct, and theft
- Valid driver’s license and personal vehicle
- Flexible schedule to attend meetings and airport pickups
- Portable personal computing device (laptop, tablet, or phone)
- Minimum of 5 hours a week to dedicate to Apsos Work
- Reliable internet connnection
Bonus Candidate Qualities
Apsos is a company built on communication and positive culture. As such, we will be looking for candidates with the following qualities:
- Great communication skills and a tendency to stay in touch
- An eye for organization and processes
- Big picture thinking for company development
- Tech savvy (microsoft suite, adobe suite, or any of the tools mentioned above)
- Positive attitude that is solutions oriented instead of conflict oriented
If this position sounds right for you, apply using the contact form to the right. Please provide as much information as possible.